Monday, October 22, 2007

Southern CA Fires

I'm sure that most of you have been hearing about the wildfires in Southern CA this weekend? Yes, they are close to my house, about 3o miles away. At this point, we are safe....no news for our city. However, my boss and some co-workers live in areas that have been evacuated yesterday and today. One of the major freeways has been closed, and quite a few cities have had mandatory evacuations. They are asking everyone who doesn't have to go anywhere, including people in my area (as a way to stay off of freeways), to stay home. My work has actually closed down for the day...like I said my boss is dealing with living near the fires. So, please keep Southern CA in your prayers today......primarily, for small fires not to be started, the winds to die down, safety of firefighters and homeowners, peace vs. confusion. I'll let you know more when I know more.

1 comment:

Nina said...

I hope that you and your friends, co-workers, etc. stay safe and I will keep you in my prayers.