Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Drive-In movie theatre


How many of you enjoy going to the movie theatre and enjoying a double feature on a Friday Night? I LOVE TOO! Sadly, the only drive-in movie theatre around here is Valley Drive In, in Kent. They've been threatening to tear it down for years, but fortunately they haven't yet.

My very first date (I was almost 18, and he was 1 week older than me!) was with a guy named JR. The circumstances leading up to the date were quite funny looking back at it now, but at the time mortifying...my aunt decided to hook us up. He is genuinely a nice guy! So here are two almost 18 year olds who have never dated before and where do we decide to go for our first date? The drive-in movies! I know, I know...most people go there to make out and such. But not us...we actually went, watched the movie and then went home...no hanky panky in our car! I think we watched one of the Batman movies...for those movie trivia nerds that would be whatever Batman movie came out in 1992!

SPEEDtv will be featuring Speed's own "Lost Drive-In" Marathon on Nov 25 at 3pm EST featuring Grand Prix and Rebel Without a Cause, both great street racing movies. This post was sponsored (and yes, I am getting paid) by SPEEDtv.com. Enjoy your movie marathon, and let me know if you have any of your own drive in movie stories.

No comments: