Monday, August 13, 2007

Buck Owens Crystal Palace

I'm catching up on some of the pictures I've taken the last few days! While driving down to CA, we were going through Bakersfield. I had heard last year that Buck Owens had some bronze statues created and put up in Bakersfield....I wasn't quite sure where, but we found that he had a nightclub/museum in Bakersfield. So Alissa and I headed there for a little side trip.

This guy on the right is Garth Brooks of course....as if you can't tell by the way his head is thrown back and his arms are out! He is one of my favorite singers.






This is a picture of Buck with some other famous individuals! My fav in this picture would have to be Johnny Cash!







Of course this picture is from Buck's Hee-Haw days. It was a corny show, but man it made you laugh and it had tons of famous stars coming through on a regular basis.









ELVIS lives! Of course we know that Elvis is alive and well in Walmart in Georgia, but for today he is cast in bronze in Bakersfield, CA. You do know that Thursday marks the 30th anniversary of his death? Sad.







And of course it wouldn't be complete without a statue of the Man in Black himself....Johnny Cash!

No comments: