Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Robot

So those lovely folks over at PPP (that is Payperpost...where I blog for cash) has asked their posties to write up a blog post about designing our own personal robot. I've been thinking about this and I don't need a maid (no house of my own), I don't need a replacement husband (I would need a husband to replace!), I don't need a lawn maintenance robot as I have no lawn....so what exactly do I need?

I need a robot to be me! Not a clone, but a robot to do my everyday life so I can sit back read a book and blog more! Seriously, how nice would it be for your robot to know when to run errands, when to pick up the mail or go to the post office to mail packages out? How 'bout a robot that does your homework for you (you see I am a graduate student who should be doing homework right now and not blogging!)....could I even send it to work and collect the paycheck on my personal robot? Oh, I think so! And as it is doing my job and taking care of my life...I will just vacation around the world, drink and be merry!

And once I am graduated from grad school? Oh yes, my robot will be correcting Social Studies papers, quizzes, tests and projects! I'll just go in to teach my students (as I truly do enjoy that part) and the robot can be my assistant!

No comments: