Friday, August 10, 2007

Hello From California

Well, Alissa and I are in California although we are taking the drive very easy and quite slow compared to others! While driving through Shasta we decided to take a scenic detour and check out the Shasta Dam...it is huge....which isn't too surprising considering that Lake Shasta is huge!



Not the greatest picture of me I know, but the sun was in my eyes as I was taking the picture. Just below us in the lake were four or five houseboats that looked like they were having quite the party....we wanted to join in!




This is Alissa....she is a great friend who is riding down with me to Oceanside and then flying home on Monday....Thanks!

We are staying in Tulare, CA tonight which is south of Fresno. We decided to get off of I5 and go down Hwy 99 for awhile. We are going to go through Bakersfield tomorrow and check out the 9 foot statues that Buck Owen had commissioned before he died! Interesting I know.

Love you all and miss you tons! Rachel Ann


No comments: