Monday, December 25, 2006

Trivia Answers

I was talking to my friend Susana today and she told me I was remiss in not giving the answers to some random trivia questions I gave last week. My apologies! Here are the questions again, along with the answers. Tell me how you did!

1. In February 1979, what happened in the Sahara Desert?
It snowed
2. What country owns Antarctica?
No one, Antartica is the only land on our planet that is not owned by any country
3. What is the smallest country in the world?
Vatican City
4. How many deserts are in Europe?
None
5. What is the only continent without reptiles?
Antartica
6. Which country was first to issue a self-adhesive postage stamp?
The South Pacific island nation Tonga
7. What is the largest island in the world? The second largest?
Greenland, New Guinea
8. What is the only country that doesn't have a rectangular or square flag?
Nepal
9. London's Big Ben is actually the name of the tower, the clock or the bell inside?
The Bell
10. Where is the world's largest gold mine?
Juneau, Alaska

Here you go!

No comments: