Saturday, December 16, 2006

Weekend

How are you spending the next to last weekend before Christmas? Me? I am working, again! I worked all day yesterday helping my friend Barb cater a wedding (lucky for us the power didn't go out!)...fortunately, the wedding was just across the street from the house. Catering is a hard job, and a long job! My feet were killing me by the end of the night. I got up to help her around 8:30 and didn't get home until almost 11:30 last night.

Then tonight I am off to Seattle again to host a Christmas party for the event planning company I work for (Event Experience). Hosting isn't a terribly hard job, but it requires me to be there and to be in Seattle! Ugh, I hate driving to Seattle. I basically help get vendors and such set up. Chat with the MC for the evening, making sure he knows when things are happening. And making sure the client is happy. I sit around a lot during the actual event, eat a wonderfully catered dinner, and again make sure the client is happy when they leave for the evening.

Do you get the sense that I like people, as all my jobs revolve around talking to or helping people (radio, event planning, teaching....church....)! If you are having a Christmas party tonight, have fun and drive safely.

No comments: