Sunday, December 03, 2006

I had a wonderful phone conversation today with the parent of one our MC students. Everytime we talk about MC stuff it turns into a 30-45 minute conversation about life in general. This parent always has something good to say about me and the work I do for MC. I have to let you know that it is good to hear good reports come back your way.

This isn't a time of bragging, but realizing that the work we do for God actually makes an impact on people. I know that I make impact on the work that God has given me, but a lot of times I feel as if I just go through the motions and no one recognizes what I do. I also know that the work we are called to do isn't for getting glory and being noticed by people. I think though that so many Christians who volunteer in ministry feel overlooked, over worked and don't receive enough praise; consequently, we lose so many wonderful people in ministry. There are those of us who are in the same boat but keep trudging on just because we know that we do is what we are supposed to be doing.

For all those who feel unpraised, unworthy, overlooked and all the gamut of other emotions, please feel my appreciation for you. I may not know you personally. I may not know what you do for the kingdom, but you are needed and you are worthy. The kingdom is blessed to have workers that work diligently to see the lost saved and the saved taught and mentored. God has blessings in Heaven just waiting for all that you have done! I also speak blessings on each and everyone of you here on earth. If your family is in need of blessings, your finances, your health, your children, your parents....BLESSINGS!!!! I speak God's protection and grace on each of you. I pray wisdom and understanding in every area of ministry. I pray that tiredness, depression and defeat wouldn't be a part of your life and your definition of minstry. I come against any plans that the enemy would have to take you out of the calling of God on your life. I pray for restoration of those who left ministry and are now returning to the call. God calls each and everyone of us to a specific place in the Kingdom, and it is our choice whether we take that call or not. Do not feel defeated if you came to that crossroad and made a wrong decision. Rejoice for what He taught you through that and that He is returning you to the Purpose for which you have been called to.

I was telling the person I talked to that I am so excited to see what God has in store for me once I move. I was obedient to the voice of God in regards to my timeline here in WA, and I feel that God has great things in store for me in California. Is it to teach a specific person? Is it to reach one lost sheep and show them the way to the Kingdom? Is it to help a church with my simple skills of administration? What is it exactly that God has in store for me? I don't know! Yes, it is alright to say that you don't know. Especially when you know you are being obedient....God will show you and me in His timing what His plan is for us! Don't be dismayed, don't be worried or anxious for it gets you nowhere (but maybe an ulcer). Instead--REJOICE!!!!

We are in the middle of a sermon series right now on becoming big picture people!! Look around and see what God's big picture is for your life. You will be amazed once your eyes are off of all the small details that you think can't be overlooked and start seeing God's big picture. Yes, details are important (I am totally anally organized and love detailed lists); however, a lot of those details aren't getting done right because they don't apply to the big picture that is yours!!!!!

For those I personally know....I LOVE YOU with an overflow of gratitude in my heart that I know each and everyone of you. Not only for what you do in the lifeline of the Kingdom, but for what you have done in my life. If you are reading this and I don't know you....I LOVE YOU for being the person God has called you to be and being obedient to the call of God in your life. If we never meet on this earth, know that we will met one day in Heaven. I pray that my words are an encouragement to you!

Blessings!!!!

No comments: